Monday, August 31, 2015

August 2015 Wrap Up!

Second wrap up post! This month was a very busy month and not just in the book variety! A little announcement to make: I'm no longer on night shift! I am now the full time RN Supervisor, a switch that happened this month. I'm very excited about this, but it's been a big change. There are a lot more people to interact with, and family members and doctors to work with, but I love it and I'm so much happier now, although the sleep adjustment situation means I fell back to impulse reading, and just read what I felt like and not what I planned to... I also have not been posting as much this last few weeks because... I got my wedding dress! What an experience! Stressful but amazing! Which brings me to the books!

This month I read 12 books!

1. 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
2. Frostfire by Amanda Hocking
3. Once by Anna Carey
4. Fire by Kristin Cashore
5. Dawn of Eden by Julie Kagawa
6. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay
7. Transformed by E.V. Fairfall
8. Deep Dark Fears by Fran Krause
9. Throne of Glass by Sara J. Maas
10. The Wretched of Muirwood by Jeff Wheeler
11. The Blight of Muirwood by Jeff Wheeler
12. The Scourge of Muirwood by Jeff Wheeler

Statistics!

I read a total of 12 books and 4,105 pages in August!
I gave a total of 49 stars out of a possible 60.
3 books received 5 stars, 7 books 4 stars, 2 books got 3 stars and no books were below 3 stars. 
I posted reviews for 6  of the 12 books so far. 
7 of the 12 books were part of a series, 3 were stand alone books, and 1 was a graphic short. 
3 of those were first books in the series and 3 were second books in series. 
1 book was a comic short, and 1 book was a novella. 
2 books were advanced reading copies.

My favorite book from August was:

Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay

This has been on my to read list for a while and I finally just read it and it was beautiful. It was fairy tale retelling story which is one of my favorite genres. On top of that it was still young adult, but it was on the higher (as far as age/maturity goes) of young adult to the point where I almost didn't classify it as such, and that was a nice change of pace. 






Least favorite book in August:

Once by Anna Carey

It was't that this book was bad, it just wasn't great and there was a lot of really great books this month. If there had been some books that I didn't like this book would have fallen solidly in the middle of the pack, but there weren't any I really did not like, so what can you do?







Currently Reading

You know me, there's never just one book I'm reading at a time!
1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
2. Inferno by Dante Alighieri
3. Justice Buried by Hilary Thompson

   

Crown of Midnight is the second book in the Throne of Glass series, which I know I'm behind on, but is wonderful non the less! I started Inferno thinking I'd knock it out before reading Inferno by Dan Brown only to find it was harder than I expected and it's taking longer I planned. Justice Buried is an ARC I received, which I am really enjoying so look for a review next month!


Project Brad

Brad and I are still working on Revan by Drew Karpyshyn. I am pleased to report that Brad seems to be enjoying this book much more than previous ones. We are reading slowly, but steadily which is nice. There's a really good chance we will finish this book this fall. 


Wrap it up!

That's August! I'm really glad that I not only maintained, but increased my reading from last month! Even with life getting in the way and work being very busy, I've been really enjoying the books I've been reading! Exciting news too, I completed my 2015 goal! I actually finished out August with 40/40 books for the year. That being said I am going to be raising my goal because I was able to read a lot more than I expected to be able to this year! My new goal for 2015 is: 75! I know that's almost double the goal I had, but it's a challenge, and it maintains last year's goal! It put's me 9 books behind schedule but I am hoping to make that up next month!

How did everyone else do in August? Did anyone get some beach reads done?


No comments:

Post a Comment