Friday, August 4, 2017

July 2017 Wrap Up!

It has been almost 2 years since my last wrap up post and I think it is high-time I pick back up! I do owe all my invisible readers an explanation as to why I've been gone for so long. It would be easy to blame the long hours of work (and in part it would be true), and it would be easy to blame planning my wedding (and again it would be partially true), but in all honesty, I did not hold myself countable to good time management. In my home/work, in my reading/life, and in my home/fun. I was learning to be an adult, and sometimes that means that you suck at it for a while before you get better at it. Well I've been better at it, not good, but better. So here I am again. 


This month I read 27 books!

1. The City of Ember by Jaenne DuPrau
2. Untamed by A.G. Howard
3. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
4. Goddess of the Sea by P.C. Cast
5. The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman
6. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
7. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
8. A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
9. Day of the Dragon by Richard A. Knaak
10. Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
11. Atlantia by Ally Conndie
12. Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
13. Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare
14. The Lost Herondale by Cassandra Clare
15. The Whitechapel Fiend by Cassandra Clare
16. Nothing by Shadows by Cassandra Clare
17. The Evil We Love by Cassandra Clare
18. Pale Kings and Princes by Cassandra Clare
19. Bitter of Tongue by Cassandra Clare
20. The Fiery Trial by Cassandra Clare
21. Born to Endless Night by Cassandra Clare
22. Angels Twice Descending by Cassandra Clare
23. Towering by Alex Flinn
24. Legion by Julie Kagawa
25. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
26. Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
27. Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Now I debated marking this as 18 or 27 books because 10/11 Cassandra Clare books were shorts. In the end I went with the 27 because Goodreads has them as individual books and I read them as separate ebooks.  Thoughts? 

Some statistics, because I love statistics!

I read a total of 27 books and 7,551 pages in July.
I gave a total of 87 stars out of a possible 135
3 books received 5 stars, 5 books 4 stars, 15 books 3 stars, 3 books 2 stars, and only 1 book got a 1 star.
I posted reviews for 1 of the 27 books so far.
24 of the 27 books were part of a series, 3 were stand alone books.
8 of those 24 were first books in the series

My favorite book of July was:

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas




This is a beautiful series, and I know that I am not alone in loving Sarah J. Mass's amazing writing, and beautiful stories, but I really feel that this author rejuvinated my love of reading! She reminded me that even though you may read 100 3 stars, there is always that one 5 star hiding among them that makes it worth it!


Least favorite

My least favorite book was Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James.

I didn't expect to love it, but I found this book particularly disappointing, even in the context of this series. It unfortunately fell prey to the disappointing last book trap.

Currently Reading

July and August have been 'clean out the currently reading list' months so the books I am reading are nothing new but I am determine to finish them soon! I am down to 11 books on my currently reading and I need to get this down to a manageable list. 

1. The Naming by Alison Croggon
2. Fractured Dream by K.M. Randall
3. Inferno by Dante Alighieri
4. Justice Buried by Hilary Thompson
5. Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
6. Size 12 is not Fat by Meg Cabot





We will see how well I do this month finishing them off, but I did put a nice dent in the currently reading list in July. 

Project Brad

This is on hold during the summer months, because Brad feels that he needs to be outside while it is warm and he will catch up once it is chilly again!

Wrap it up!

Not bad for the first update in over a year! July was a big month for me and I'm hoping to follow through with August!
What are your summer reading habits? Do you speed up and power through like me, or put it on hold till the cooler months like Brad?
Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment