Saturday, August 1, 2015

July 2015 Wrap Up!

I thought that I'd do something a little different today, since it's the end of a month this will be my first wrap up post!

Before I talk about July and the books I read, I just wanted to give some background. About a year ago I found Booktube. I absolutely love watching all the videos about books and the wonderful community there but due to 1. I am terribly on camera, 2. my camera is terrible, and 3. I do much better with blogs than vlogs, I decided to go the text post direction instead, I've never seen a wrap up post on a typed blog, but I love them on Booktube and I  love the idea, so here goes!

This month I read 11 books!

1. The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus Lore
2. Eve by Anna Carey
3. Queen of Tomorrow by Sherry D. Ficklin
4. Rogue by Julie Kagawa
5. Murwood: The Lost Abbey by Jeff Wheeler
6. The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis
7. Dracula by Bram Stoker
8. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
9. Pure Insanity by Sean Ryan
10. The Last of the Firedrakes by Farah Oomerbhoy
11. The Ice Dragon by George R.R. Martin

Some statistics, because I love statistics!

I read a total of 11 books and 3396 pages in July.
I gave a total of 42 stars out of a possible 55
2 books recieved 5 stars, 5 books 4 stars, 3 books 3 stars, and I only rated 1 book 2 stars, and none were rated 1 star.
I posted reviews for 9 of the 11 books so far.
9 of the 11 books were part of a series, 1 was a stand alone book,1 was part of a world, but not a series.
5 of those 9 were first books in the series
2 books were comics or graphic novels
4 books were advanced reading copies
2 books were read aloud with a friend

My top two books of July were:

1. Queen of Tomorrow by Sherry D. Ficklin
2. The Last of the Firedrakes by Farah Oomerbhoy


Both of these were given to me as advanced reading copies, which is still very new to me and I am still always a little concerned that I will hate the books, but they ended up being my favorites for the month. (Yes, I know that I gave The Last of the Firedrakes a 4 star, and The Ice Dragon a 5 star, no one said I had to make sense!

Least favorite

My least favorite book was Dracula by Bram Stoker.
I went into this book knowing I would probably not love it, but I wanted some context for a Stephen King book I am reading. I am glad I read it, but it was just very slow, and frustrating, and I didn't really enjoy it. 

Currently Reading

I am also working on a few other books right now that will now be finished in August, but I read a large chunk of them in July, and those books are:
1. 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
2. Transformed by E.V. Fairfall
 

These are the two books that I am currently working on. The first is 'Salem's Lot, and it is part of my Stephen King project (basically, I want to read Stephen King, and I'm making my way through his work chronologically because I'm a crazy person, I may post about that later!). The second book is Transformed and it was given to me by the author for review, I'm about a third of the way through this book and I really like it so far! So keep an eye out in August for my review!

Project Brad

Honorable Mention goes to Revan by Drew Karpyshyn


This book is part of another project I'm working on, and that's Brad. My fiance. I love him so much, but he has one [major] flaw: he is not a reader! It's been a running joke that I'll make a reader out of him yet, and I've been [not so] gently nudging [shoving] books at him since we met. He agreed that we could read books together and the first series that we read were the Chronicles of Narnia and her seemed to enjoy them, but I think that he was mostly trying for my sake! Its actually very sweet, we take turns reading chapters out loud to each other. These books usually take a lot longer because we read together at a much slower pace. Once we finished The Last Battle (this month!) he wanted to start reading some Star Wars books and I can tell that he is enjoying reading a lot more now! This book will probably be on my currently reading for a long time, but the level of excitement he has is so much higher it is worth it to draw this one out!

Wrap it up!

This was July in a nutshell! I think it was a really good month for reading. I had been in a reading slump and I really kicked it's butt this month! I was still really busy with work, but things are beginning to settle down again and I'll hopefully have a lot more time to read! I ended up catching up with my Goodreads goal and am 5 books ahead of schedule!

Look for my August to read post in the next few days!

What were your favorite books of July and what are you planning on reading in August?
Happy Reading!



2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Angela has read 28 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide

No comments:

Post a Comment