Saturday, June 27, 2015

Review: Lily of the Nile



Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray

I read this book several years ago, but it is one of my favorites and I wanted to post my review to this blog. 

I absolutely loved this book! I really liked the historical aspect of it and how it stuck very closely to real events- or at least as far as I can tell. This book was a beautifully written, realistic novel about a fascinating historical character! I felt like I was being dragged along the streets of Rome right with Selene! I loved how realistic her thoughts and feelings were especially regarding her mother and father. I feel like I was able to share in her thoughts because they were so well laid out. 

I also liked the religious/spiritual undertone/theme and how in the story Isis says she is all goddesses which touches on pluralism. The writing was complex but understandable, and took more effort than you would expect to read, but it was a mental workout that and not unpleasant at all! I feel like this should be on everyone's reading list and would recommend it to almost anyone! I can not wait to read the sequel!


Lily of the Nile on Goodreads
My review on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment