Saturday, July 4, 2015

Review: Queen of Tomorrow


Queen of Tomorrow by Sherry D. Ficklin

I received this as an advanced reading copy from Clean Teen Publishing through NetGalley and before I say anything about the book a huge thank you to them, as well as to Sherry D. Ficklin! I can't tell you how many times I refreshed my NetGalley page (not so) patiently waiting to see if I was approved! 

This is the second book in the Stolen Empire series. I have been waiting for this book to come out since I received an advanced reading copy of the first book Queen of Someday, and May I be the first to say that this book was every bit as good as the first!

From the absolutely stunning cover to the wonderful way the author has crafted this compelling story from the genius of her imagination and the dramas of history, I could not put this book down! Unfortunately my boss does not accept that as a reason not to show up at work so it did take me 3 sittings to finish. 

Queen of Tomorrow continues to follow the life of Catherine the Great as she maneuvers through the excitement, dangers, and politics of being a woman in the Russian court. This second book is a little big darker than the first in my opinion, touching on topics of loss, abuse and even rape, while continuing the themes of jealousy, assassination plots, and deception from the first book. 

Ficklin's beautiful writing style has a way of holding you captive to Catherine's thoughts and feelings, while maintaining a quick pace that can easily dissolve into binge reading! You will experience right along side Catherine shock, loss, grief, joy, and outrage. You know that sinking feeling you get when you realize everything just fell apart? Prepare yourself!

This novel shows our Catherine growing into her place at court in ways I could never have imagined of the young Sophie of Queen of Someday, but somehow feels like a perfectly natural character development. 

This is a must read for all fans of Queen of Someday and anyone who has not picked up this series should do so immediately!

Queen of Tomorrow was scheduled to be released July 14th 2015, but as a surprise from author Sherry Ficklin it was released TODAY! (Sherry Ficklin's blog post)(July 4, 2015) so put down the corn on the cob and go pick up your copy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment