Thursday, July 16, 2015

Review: Rogue

Rogue by Julie Kagawa

This is the second book in the Talon series. I read this very shortly after finishing the first book in the series which was excellent. This book continues to follow the young dragon Ember with the addition of some chapters in the point of view or her brother Dante, which was exciting. 

I really enjoyed seeing the situation from the point of view of both of the twins because you can see how the people surrounding them and the information that they are given really affects their point of view, as well as their actions. 

The swift pace continues with this book, even when there is a moment of calm, Ember manages to turn it into a wild chase! The feel of this book was very different from the first one, which I liked. While Talon was more based out of one area, Rogue really draws you in to the 'on-the-run' atmosphere. 

The romantic plot line was a little disappointing to me, but as I've mentioned before, I'm not a fan of love triangles. They always seem to have so much melodrama. As far as love triangles go, however, this one wasn't terrible. 

I am very excited to read the next book, particularly with a cliff hanger like this book had!

No comments:

Post a Comment