Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Review: Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyers

**This review was originally posted on my Goodreads** 

I started reading this book a long time ago not I sort of lost interest very early on and put it on long term hold for a while. But I made a goal this [2014] year to cut down on my currently reading shelf, so I decided to give it another try. 

It must have been book ADD because I really loved it this time around! I thought that this dystopian science fiction fairy tale retelling was so creative and took on such a beautiful life of it's own outside of the well-known Cinderella tale. The futuristic setting was incredibly well thought out and realistic seeming.

I was a bit wary about the relationship between Kai and Cinder because I expected it to seem fake or forced, but I thought that Marissa Meyer did a really great job keeping it believable while still maintaining that fairy tale feel to it. I also really liked that she brought a political feel to it with an incredibly rich background. 

I would recommend this great book to anyone who loves dystopian books and fairy tale retellings.

No comments:

Post a Comment