Sunday, July 19, 2015

Review: Club Dead


Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

**This review was originally posted on Goodreads**
**This review contains expicit spoilers for this book**

I liked this Sookie Stackhouse book better than the previous two. I liked the relationship between Alcide and Sookie, maybe because they didn't just jump into it declaring their love from the get go. I don't really enjoy Bill as a character and even less so as one half of Sookie's love life. I think that he is a fictionalized image of an abusive, and controlling relationship. 

This book held my attention much more so than the previous two, and didn't seem to drag on quite as much.I continue to enjoy that 'unique' southern voice that Sookie brings to the story. It isn't apologetic and careful like so many books these days, afraid to offend anyone. It feels closer to what people from small towns thoughts would be.

I will continue this series at least until the next book, although this is not one of those series that just scream to be finished. I will probably eventually finish them, but I'll most likely need to take a few breaks. 


I would recommend this to anyone who enjoyed The Vampire Diaries books, or the Beautiful Creatures series. Even though this is shelved/categorized as a mystery, I would not recommend this as a book to someone who is looking for a mystery. I also would probably not recommend this to anyone looking for a "serious" read, for lack of a better term. It was a little bit on the cheesey side, with some 'guilty pleasure' aspects to it. 


Overall though this was not a terrible book, and there are significant improvements from books one and two (mainly, the fact that it got away from the unassailable couple of perfection trap). 




Club Dead on Goodreads
My review on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment