Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review: New Suicide Squad Vol. 1: Pure Insanity



New Suicide Squad Vol. 1: Pure Insanity by Sean Ryan, Jeremy Roberts

I received this as an advanced reading copy from DC Comics through NetGalley, and I would like to first thank them for the opportunity to read this comic.

This is the first 'The New 52' DC comic that I've read, so I was actually a little bit lost. I think that is honestly mostly because I am used to novels, where you pick up book 1 and read from 1 to 3, or 7, or whatever. The comic book world, I've found works a little bit like this: 'Oh! number 27, 15, 8, 42, and 9! I haven't read any of these but know basically what happens! I must buy them!' That being said this was pretty easy to pick up on what was happening in them. 

I just heard that there will be a Suicide Squad movie so I'm pretty excited about this! I think it was a great introduction to what the series (line?) is all about. I particularly loved Harley Quinn! The Joker's daughter was really interesting too, and it really makes me want to read some other comics about him!

The publishers requested that all reviews be held until publication, which it is now available! However, as I wasn't sure if these were all published together or not, I will not go into any plot specifics, but rest assured it was really good. The art was beautiful and I actually read the whole thing in just one sitting!

This seems like a really great place to start if you are looking to start comic books, but I'm no expert! I particularly love that there are not really any 'good guys' in this. 

How do you all feel about gray area villains and heroes? 


New Suicide Squad Vol 1 on Goodreads
My review on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment